Technical support includes assistance with operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and validation of Waters products and technologies. You will also be involved in defining the service requirements for new products as part of new product project introductions. You will coordinate development, completion and distribution of service product introduction packages and training packages.
- Primary responsibilities are to provide technical telephone and remote support to the global field service organization.
- Technical support includes operational, application, system troubleshooting and product improvement recommendations.
- Provide product input to Global Operations, Quality, Development, Service and Product Management
- Provide technical content for service procedures, technical service notes and service training.
- Documentation of support calls in the appropriate tracking system
- Participate on new product teams, define service requirements for new products and input on previous product analysis based on product history
- Monitor for systemic product performance and reliability concerns. Report findings to the Quality organization
- Provide on-site assistance to the field service organization.
- Worldwide travel is approximately 10-20%.
- B.S. or B.A. or advanced degree in scientific discipline with course work in chemistry, or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant position.
- Experienced systems knowledge with high performance MS detection such as tandem quads and ToF’s, and LC’s such as I-Class and M-Class are favorable.
- Software skills include Waters chromatography data applications such as Empower and Masslynx.
- Back office business systems knowledge such as Microsoft, SAP, and Lotus Notes are favorable.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Polished communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong telephone, problem solving, analytical, and listening skills are required.