Waters Corporation is current leading a search for a Senior Service, Support and Devekopment Engineer toprovide technical training and day-to-day support to the global service organization, internal customer technical support groups, and repair department. Technical support includes assistance with operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and validation of Waters' products and technologies. The Service Support Engineer will define service requirements for new products as part of the new product project team and coordinates development, completion, and distribution of Service product introduction packages and training packages.
- Provide real time support to the Global Field Service force on Waters hardware and software products, including instruments, systems, application specific modules and system control software. Primary contactis via telephone, email and service tracking software. Establish and maintain an effective relationship withthe field organization with a focus on achieving a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical service training on new and existing products to new hire personnel, Field Service and internal support personnel.
- Evaluate and recommend special tools and test equipment. Instruct service personnel in use of tools and equipment.
- Coordinate and input product related issues to Quality organization and Product Management. Document service procedures and technical service notes.
- Document calls and complete follow up system transactions.
- Plan, implement and evaluate service training programs.
- Provide on site assistance to Waters’ Global Field Organization as directed by support manager.
- Test and evaluate customer instruments as required within the scope of Service Support.
- Participate in new product projects.
- Potential for upto 25 % travel may be required.
- 5+years service related experience with Waters products and applications or related industry experience.
- Minimum of a BS degree.
- Prior customer related or field related experience is beneficial in this role.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in a customer related field, with polished written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent telephone, problem solving, analytical and listening skills.
- New Product process experience preferred.
- Computer Skills- Word processing, Excel, email, and corporate business solutions (i.e.SAP).