Summary / Description
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Service Desk Manager, interested in joining our team in Boyce, VA (with occasional visits to Winchester, VA and Washington, DC) and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will provide oversight for service desk based client support, including all systems that support help desk operations. This assistance includes phone and in-person support to users in operational areas that include e-mail, LAN/WAN, directories, standard desktop images and applications, and COTS and GOTS applications. The service desk serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, passwords, and printer problems. Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments related to service desk and direct end user support. Establishes goals and plans that meet project and end user support objectives.
Onging operational responsibilities include:
• Managing and motivating a team of service desk specialists who receive assigned incident tickets, phone calls, emails and other communications from customers requesting technical support for related desktop, laptop, peripherals, application and IT related issues.
• Supervising the day-to-day operations of the service desk. Identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical problems. Creates and manages escalation procedures and ensures service levels are maintained.
• Documenting, tracking, and monitoring problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
• Ensuring that all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution.
• Managing and improving the IT knowledge base system.
• Working with IT support team resources to ensure proper processes are created and followed to inform, track and support our customers.
• Communicating with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues. Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the client organization.
•Creating and managing reports to upper level management about all aspects of Service Desk performance management including KPIs, SLA status and trends.
• Developing strategies for Service Desk and overall IT performance improvements.
• Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists (Level 1 / 2 /3) including career development.
Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls service desk and end user support activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical and service performance requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation and service performance.
• Experience working with Federal government customers in support of delivery of information technology services.
• Direct management experience with Single Point of Contact/Single Point of Accountability Tier 0 (Self Service), 1, 2 and 3 support for an enterprise service desk providing nationwide support for more than 5,000 staff.
• Ability to interpret requirements and translate into service requests if requested.
• Experience in mobile device management and managing end user support services for geographically dispersed organization.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in using service delivery support software packages such as ServiceNow and BMC Remedy.
• Certification in ITIL v 3 Intermediate Service Operations or other level.
• Certification as a Project Management Professional a plus.
• Desired Certifications: CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, Microsoft Office Specialist, Mobile Iron or similar MDM Certified Professional.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 10 years of IT Service Management experience. Certification or significant experience can offset requirement for Masters Degree..
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a Public Trust Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.