Come work for MHI Shared Services in Pittsburgh, PA as a Service Desk Analyst. We are a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished leaders. Here we aren’t satisfied with settling, so we search for innovation in everything we do. Are you ready for the challenge?
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for most client endpoint incidents and service requests. The role of the Service Desk Analyst is to provide first line support for MSSA and all MSSA affiliates. The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for logging incidents and service requests, meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the Hub
- To install and configure new or previously inventories IT equipment
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical user and colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist your peers and users in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rotating basis if/or when needed and provide necessary cover where needed
- Be willing to attend internal and/or external training as necessary to keep abreast of the latest technologies and internal system processes
- Assists and/or orients new hires with the initial usage of information systems hardware and software
- Inventories company assets such as hardware and software
- Supports local site file servers and applications. May support remote sites as required
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree in IT and 4 years of related IT exp.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagraxm form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Complete knowledge of PC software and hardware configurations. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Networking, Anti-Virus, e-Mail, O365 and Microsoft Office. Must be able to configure and troubleshoot printers in a network environment.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- EXCELLENT Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K Matching).
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement and on-the-job training.
- Paid vacation and 11 Paid holidays per year.
- Committed to quality product and services.
- Great working environment and culture.
- Employee Appreciation Programs and Events.
MHPS manufactures the world’s most efficient Advanced Class Gas Turbines and is leading the development of the digital power plant of the future through its digital solutions platform MHPS-TOMONI™, providing real-time adaptive control and actionable knowledge to optimize power plant performance and significantly improve reliability.
Mitsubishi verifies identity and eligibility to work of all employees and only US Citizens or Permanent Resident card holders will be considered for the position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee’s working environment maybe loud. The employee may be required to adhere to MHPSA and customer safety procedures including but not limited to, the use of personal protection equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, goggles, hearing and fall protection). The employee may be required to work over their scheduled 8 hour shifts and weekends based off of business needs to support our customers.