We’re looking to hire folks on a few teams: one is responsible for our subscription infrastructure, one is responsible for Strava Metro, and the other is responsible for features around competition and community. If you have a strong preference towards one of those teams, feel free to note that in your application; otherwise, we’ll work with you to find the best fit.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Write high-quality production code that enables millions of athletes to have an awesome experience on Strava.
- Provide technical leadership on the team.
- Collaborate daily with partners in product and design to implement the team roadmap.
- Foster an engineering culture which makes your peers feel understood and included.
You’ll be successful here by:
- Partnering with cross-functional members of your team to deliver production-ready capabilities on a consistent cadence.
- Demonstrating empathy for athletes and their experience while using Strava.
- Mentoring other engineers and upleveling the organization by writing blog posts and giving tech talks about your work.
We’re excited about you because you have experience with:
- Building services in a production environment (using languages like, but not limited to Ruby, Java, Scala, Go, Python etc).
- Using AWS (or alternative) to manage cloud based infrastructure.
- Working with relational or NoSQL databases in Production (we use MySQL, Redis, and Cassandra).
- Open source distributed systems technologies. We use Kafka, ZooKeeper, Finagle, Storm, Spark, Elasticsearch, Mesos, and Docker.