Our Smule Nation Platform supports millions of daily users, takes more than 2.2M recordings uploaded in any single day, handle more than 12Gbps peak traffic, and deals with peta bytes of data, with exponential growth. We're growing fast and are looking for server engineers to help us scale our platform to achieve its full potential connecting people around the world.
- Build back-end services and infrastructure that enable Smule to scale the largest social graph for music on the internet.
- Work closely with product teams to define feature specifications and deliver great user experiences built on top of back-end services.
- Work closely with operations to build and scale back-end services. Work on performance, stability, capacity plan, expansion, and system upgrade.
- Deploy releases for use by millions of people, be escalation contact for operations engineers, debug problem live.
- Build report interfaces, data feeds, and internal admin features.
- Passion for building the largest music social graph.
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent education experience.
- 7+ years of server side coding in Java.
- 2+ years in a tech lead role. Demonstrated technical leadership of driving projects successfully.
- Hands-on experience with design, development, scaling, troubleshooting, and live support of server applications
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, get's things done. Drives work to completion reliably, possibly with scary reliability.
- Server side development experiences in smart phone applications (iOS, Android) and/or consumer electronics industries highly desired.
- Experiences with large scale internet service architectures highly desired.
- Experiences with Play! Framework. Acceptable with Spring, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogc, or WebSphere.
- Experiences with Elasticsearch, Redis, Facebook Graph API are highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and MySQL forged in the fires of high traffic, high availability web app environments.
- Fun, positive attitude. Great communication skills and a healthy desire for collaboration.