$100K — $200K *
The Senior Server Engineer is responsible for managing the Windows, VMWare, Security, Connectivity, and Storage environment that support the Clinical, Business, and Infrastructure applications supported by the Information Systems department. The Senior Server Engineer acts as a subject matter expert in almost every Information Technology project. As such, this position is responsible for ensuring the adherence to approved technical architecture standards and support processes. The Senior Server Engineer will be responsible for implementing and monitoring server-based security and will provide input to the overall security plan. This role will also work with other Information Technology team members and vendors to ensure the operation is in accordance with organizational needs and established procedures and practices.
• Four (4) or more years work experience supporting MS servers, VMWare, and storage
• Working experience of VMWare installation, configuration, and use of associated tools
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Windows Server Family, Exchange, and client operating systems
• Active Directory Services maintenance and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of DNS, DDNS, and DHCP
• Backup design and maintenance
• Ability to work with 1st and 2nd level support personal
• Ability to learn and implement 3rd party tools for environmental support
• TCP/IP and network support experience
• Experience in developing and exercising the test plan for a Disaster Recovery program in one or more medium to large scale data centers
• VMware vSphere and vCenter experience
• Experience with load balancing, Active Directory, DNS, and firewall technology
• Experience supporting EMC storage (or similar, e.g. NetApp)
• Proven track record for comprehensive, systematic troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
• Experience with Patch Management of servers and PCs using tools such as Dell KACE or Microsoft SCCM
• Previous extensive Windows Server administration functions
• Extensive working knowledge of Active Directory and enterprise user/endpoint management using GPO’s, scripts, profiles, etc.
• Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced, critical service delivery environment
• Must be a self-starter that can work independently and deliver according to expectations
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of customer satisfaction
• Ability to exercise good judgment in determining work and problem resolution priorities and approaches
• Ensures documentation is available and up-to-date for all assigned procedures in accordance with department standards
• Willingness to exercise hands-on system administration tasks to achieve service delivery according to standards.
• Ability to work under a process-centric ITIL Framework
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Healthcare Administration or equivalent (5 years +) work experience
• Current MCSE, MCSP, or similar professional certification (e.g. MCTP, MCSA, MCTS, CompTIAServer+, LPIC, CCNP, EMCSA)
• One of the following: Current VCP, VCDX or VCAP (VMWare, vSphere, vCenter, VDI) obtain within first one year of employment.
• MCSE or MCSP
• One of the following: VCP, VCDX or VCAP (VMWare, vSphere, vCenter, VDI)
• CCNA/P (Experience with Juniper Networks is a plus)
• Job Scope/Position Description:
• Utilize monitoring and management software tools to effectively manage server environment for optimal performance.
• Develop and implement technical standardization projects.
• Analyze infrastructure system performance and implement improvements and upgrades as required to maintain optimal operations
• Define and justify storage and upgrade needs across computing environments.
• Produce and publish metrics, status reports, project documentation, and proposals.
• Plan, document, and execute projects and proposals from conception to implementation.
• Utilize excellent customer service skills to build service-based relationships with Information Technology customers.
• Interface with managers, directors, and executives as needed.
• Be able to exercise good judgment in resolving problems and making decisions.
• Be available 24x7 for emergencies involving technical problems that affect the ability to provide patient care and business continuity.
• Be available for rotation assignments for on-call support duties.
• adhere and abide to the hospitals confidentiality agreements, policies and procedures
• Adhere to organizational change management processes
• Maintain the integrity of network security systems to ensure data is appropriately protected.
• Manage digital certificates and disk encryption.
• Manage regular security patches, updates, data backup and restore processes
• Ensure the availability, reliability, scalability, and manageability of the data storage environment
• Maintain storage area network (SAN) environment and/or network attached storage (NAS) environments. Provide resolution on complex issues following standard incident, change request and problem management processes
• Support network applications such as DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, Intrusion Protection, Web Filtering, Virus detection and prevention
• Ensure timely patching and updates of all supported environments
• Provide mentoring and leadership to less experienced team members
• Manage elements of the vSphere environment including VDI Images, virtual servers, VM implementation
• Manage Microsoft Server operating systems including patches, upgrades, backups, and best practices for virtualization with VM Ware
• Maintain Active Directory, Web server security certificates, and Exchange eMail system
• Support endpoint engineers and desktop teams and coordinate server based functions
• Support data center migration efforts and transition to Cloud based infrastructure as a service
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications
• Perform special duties, tasks, or projects as required
Valid through: 8/27/2020