Responsible for estimation, design, development and maintenance of functional and regression test automation scripts. Experienced in Agile/Waterfall, onsite/offshore work model and coordination. Proficient in Selenium and JAVA. Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and to meet project deadlines. Requires knowledge and experience in software quality assurance and the ability to work well with both business clients and technical teams.
- · Test Automation
- · Develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts using Selenium.
- · Enhance existing automation framework developed in Selenium.
- · Integrate Selenium scripts with Jenkins CloudBees.
- · Maintain traceability of functional requirements/Test Cases to automation test scripts.
- · Develop automation test strategy and approach.
- · Manage automation activities and provide status to stakeholders on accessing overall progress and completion.
- · Maintain well organized records of test results and generate historical analysis of test results.
- · Support overall QA activities such as development of Test Approach, Test Cases, and manual test execution as needed.
- · Works closely with application development and other technical teams.
- · Understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts.
- · Works with technical resources to discuss and troubleshoot issues.
- · Works with business resources to understand purpose and concept for software features.
- · Other duties may be assigned.
Quality Assurance Leadership:
- · Provides QA guidance and direction to employees and consultants and, as needed, provides complex automation testing services to multiple projects.
- · Mentors and directs activities of more junior QA Engineers.
- · Coordinates multiple projects and guides project team members with internal and external interfaces, particularly for more complex testing situations.
- · Ensures on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestones accomplishments by:
- · Developing estimates to support new and existing projects;
- · Recording work status information and generating status reports;
- · Tracking and reporting actual versus planned completion; and,
- · Ensuring all activity is accurately recorded and reported.
- · Assists QA Manager in developing estimates to support new and existing projects.
- · Assists QA Manager in reviewing Portfolio Management and Resource Management forecast reports, to optimize team’s supply/demand planning, maximizing resource utilization.
- · Ensures all development lifecycle quality assurance for the work of other team members, including the review of high-level designs, detail designs, and test plans and results, is completed according to standards.
- · Ensures quality and timeliness of work by other team members on the Team, assisting with issues resolution.
- · Drives coordination and implementation of changes to improve performance.
- · Provides support and on-the-job training to more junior or less experienced team members.
- · Facilitates individual team member development of technical, functional, and industry skills.
- · Acts as a role model and mentors other team members.
- · Provides input to Team Lead on team member performance.
Software Quality Management:
- · Ensures adherence to quality standards during the development and implementation of production applications, identifies areas of strengths and weakness.
- · Provides leadership in the implementation of corporate Continuous Improvement programs and strategies to raise Capability Maturity Model (CMM) process maturity levels.
- · Drives the education of business and ADM personnel on the testing model, methodology, and processes, particularly automated testing and its role in quality assurance.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in software testing (3+ years of experience in application development and/or automated testing).
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required:
- · 3+ years of hands on expertise in Selenium and/or Java development.
- · Experience in developing Selenium automation framework from scratch.
- · Hands on experience with mySql, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket.
- · Experience in test automation for Agile Continuous Integration/Development
- · Experience with at least one RDBMS
- · REST/SOAP Cloud Experience.
- · Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- · Experience in creation of automation testing strategy and automation design document.
- · Basic knowledge in mainframe related testing.
· Experience with HP QC or ALM.