O'Brien & Gere Engineers, Inc. (OBG) is seeking a Senior Sediment Management Specialist/Subject Matter Expert to join our team and contribute technical leadership as a senior member of the Firm's Sediment Management practice. Ability to communicate with clients, interact with stakeholders, scope project work, prepare proposals, and develop effective written reports is critical. We are seeking candidates with experience and interest in maintaining high visibility in the contaminated sediment practice area through regular client contact, participation in industry-focused professional organizations, regulator/legislation technical focus groups, active participation in professional events, contributing to contaminated sediment strategic planning at regional and national levels.
- Assist with development and implementation of brand building, including authorship of technical presentations and papers, and growth strategies for the Firm’s Sediment Management practice, working with the Sediment Management Team and Business Unit Leader
- Provide national and/or regional market presence in Sediment Management
- Lead multidisciplinary teams on the development and execution of complex and challenging evaluations, including: Remedial Investigations, Feasibility Studies, Remedial Designs, and Remedial Actions, leveraging the Firm's Integrated Services model
- Serve as technical mentor to Sediment Management practice personnel
- Provide technical expertise to the Firm’s existing contaminated sediment nationwide portfolio of local, multi-agency, and Mega Sites
- Participate and provide key strategic input for the Firm’s Sediment Management practice growth initiatives and enhancing the Firm’s portfolio nationally of local, multi-agency, and Mega Sites
Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Engineering or Science required, advanced degree and professional licensure preferred
- Minimum 15years of related experience, technical leadership, and project management in Sediment Management
- Demonstrated client relationships and ability to develop business in a team environment
- Experience working in and contributing to high functioning technical teams
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with differing audiences (client, regulator, contractor, public)
- Expertise in contaminated sediment regulations with significant working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations and programs. Working relationships and negotiation experience with State and Federal regulators
- Location flexible
- Active participation in professional associations and other organizations
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O’Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.