The technical capabilities to engineer, test, and operate effective weapon systems present a wealth of opportunities and challenges. With our SSecTE positions, you will join a professional team of highly-qualified engineers, analysts and technicians focusing on support to the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Strategic and Computing Systems Department (Code A) and the NSWCDD Corporate Operations Department, Information Management (IM) Branch (Code 10).
Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Security Test Engineer (SSecTE) works as part of a cross functional team in preparing and submitting documentation for obtaining Navy/DoD security certification and accreditation of major weapon systems.
- The successful candidate will interact with senior leadership to perform cybersecurity and information assurance activities on DoD weapon systems programs.
- Develops, implements and continuously improves engineering best practices, capabilities, and capacity.
- Customer focused, goal-oriented mindset with an aptitude for developing and applying innovative solutions
- Enjoy working as a member of a team and assisting with solving complex problems.
- A minimum of ten (10) years professional engineering with a DoD major weapon systems program.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of concurrent experience in preparing and submitting documentation for obtaining Navy/DoD security certification and accreditation of major weapon systems.
- Familiarization with Configuration Management (CM) processes and Configuration Control Board (CCB) support.
- A minimum of five (5) years of concurrent experience directing the test efforts to obtain the certification and accreditation of the weapon systems via the Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and/or PIT (Platform Information Technology) Risk Assessment (PRA) or predecessor processes.
- DoD 8570.01M Information Assurance (IA) Technical Level III Certification to perform information assurance functions in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program is required.
- Although an engineering degree is not required a BS degree in an engineering or computer science discipline is preferred.
- Secret clearance, or higher. Top Secret clearance preferred.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
- Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.