Industry: Telecommunications & Hardware•
Not Specified years
Posted 57 days ago
WHY THIS ROLE MATTERS:
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need
you to help us do this.
An Americas Zone Based Firewall SME (Subject Matter Expert) is responsible for the following:
- Design and implement firewall configurations for Checkpoint firewalls and technology.
- Perform required support tasks for the current firewall estate and to facilitate future new firewall service requests (such as new software blades),
zone-based design, technical validation and implementation support resources are required.
- Provide support for security divisions, namely zone-based data center, zone-based local break-out, and zone-based VPN (VirtualPrivate Network)
- Deliver zone-based L3 (Level 3) support for incidents and service requests
- Validation of Communication Matrix (Firewall Policy) before progressing to SOC (Security Operations Center) for implementation.
- Lead and support the maintenance activities of the zone-based elements of the firewall estate/inventory.
- Lead and support zone-based implementation activities - i.e.: upgrades, new deployments, new services and software blades andsupport project changes.
- Lead and support zone-based miscellaneous activities such as network diagram creation and maintenance, firewall due diligence - including: data
capture, clean-up, embargoed firewalls as well as locally managed firewall take-over and audit-.
- The SME (Subject Matter Expert) will own zone-based security projects end to end - including new projects that will place additional demand on L3
(Level 3) resources.
- Support firewall service governance.
JOB DUTIES (Approximate % of Time):
1. Working on Quality Assurance of the Commercial Matrices with Market SIM (Service Integration Manager), Developer, Architects, Product Owner related
to daily BAU (Business As Usual) Projects deployment requests
(30% - 12hrs per week)
- Daily Communications Matrix QA (Quality Assurance) work, for BAU (Business As Usual) project requests from AMS (Americas Zone).
- Perform QA (Quality Assurance) for firewall rules creation, modification across all Security zones in all DCs (Data Centers), Markets globally.
2. Implementation and troubleshooting of the Commercial Matrix related to daily BAU (Business As Usual) requests
(20% - 8hrs per week)
- Global, Major Firewall Rules RM (Rules Managemet/Change Requests) Implementation and Troubleshoot.
3. Firewall Service governance support and providing L3 (Level 3) support in AMS (Americas Markets) and Customer Premise Datacenter
(20% - 8 hrs per week)
- Major/Minor Changes in AMS (Americas Market) and DC (Data Center) Firewalls to support Projects.
- Support for incident and service requests.
4. Working on Site-Site VPN end to end support with SIM (Service Integration Manager), Architects, Product Owners, third party network team.
(10% - 4 hrs per week)
- Assisting with site-site VPN (Virtual Private Network) forms.
- Meetings with third party networks and site-site VPN (Virtual Private Network) configuration, enablement between BT customer and third parties.
5. Support - Split tunnel WebVPN (Virtual Private Network)/LBO (Local Break-Out)
(10% - 4 hrs per week)
- Maintenance activities of AMS (Americas Region Markets) Firewall estate/inventory, changes and licenses.
- UTM (Unified Threat Management), Edge boxes Decommission/1470 implementation/Ready Refresh Project.
- Support various similar projects as needed.
(5% -2 hrs per week)
- Support P1/P2 escalations for AMS (Americas Region Markets), DC Data Center, VPN (Virtual Private Network) and FAZ (Factory Automation Systems).
7. Market and IVPN (International Virtual Private Network) sites Firewalls Upgrades, hotfix, Replacement, Decommission, Implementation
(5% - 2 hrs per week)
- Support SIM (Service Integration Manager), SOC (Security Operations Center) as required.
- Fluent English language skill (speak, read, write) is required.
- Additional languages beyond English are an asset.
- Certified in the design, build, and support of Checkpoint firewalls.
- Accreditation from Checkpoint is required.
- Level 3 certified Checkpoint Firewall specialist with: Check Point Certified Admin (CCSA) R80.20. Check Point Certified Expert (CCSE) R80.20 or CCSM
Why choose us?
BT in the Americas is a leading expert in managed networked IT services, operating globally and delivering locally. We work for 8,500 organizations,
such as Nestle Purina, BMW, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Heinz, PepsiCo, Bristol-Myers Squibb, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Fiat- Chrysler,
Microsoft, NATO, NYSE, Unilever, Volkswagen, Volvo and many more. By combining products and services with industry-specific solutions
and consulting expertise, we deliver efficient and secure systems to our customers.
BT has had a presence in the United States for more than 30 years. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, we have more than 3000 professionals, with offices in
over 35 key cities across the US, Canada and Latin America. BT owns and operates its own network infrastructure in North America. This includes nation-
wide reach to all major US cities with MPLS nodes across the US, making up one of the larger MPLS networks of any carrier in the region. This expanded
footprint enables us to reach over 80% of key customer sites, as well as extending coverage beyond the US with MPLS points across the region.
BT sets high standards for its employees, but also strives to provide a work environment and culture that fosters health and wellbeing. Above and beyond
your base salary, sales compensation plan and full comprehensive benefits, BT offers high deductible health plans that empoweremployees to make good
health care decisions, with the ability to use funds from a health savings account - to which BT contributes - that the employee manages and controls.
In addition to a generous vacation allowance, all employees receive an additional 3 paid days per year to volunteer in their communities.