Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs). Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collin Aerospace is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in our Carrollton, TX office to support our Surface Transportation and Security Systems team in developing and deploying security solutions that facilitate protection of the nation's critical infrastructure
- Analyze, trace, and ensure adherence to system requirements on all assigned projects through the development and maintenance of the requirements traceability matrix.
- Evaluate, analyze, and document all explicit and implicit system operational concepts through interaction with all stakeholders on assigned projects.
- Ensure system and subsystem design meet the system requirements through development of documentation, participation in design reviews, and constant communication with other functional disciplines on assigned projects.
- Develop a strong understanding of the technical solution within each functional discipline and maintain that understanding as the technical solutions are enhanced and mature.
- Follow all Rockwell Collins ISO, CMMI, and engineering policies and procedures in performing day to day activities on assigned projects.
- Proven domain knowledge and knowledge of products, systems, industry best practices, and applicable regulatory requirements on assigned projects.
- Plan and develop engineering management plan for assigned projects, including engineering schedules, budget plans, and staffing plans.
- Identify and evaluate risks and opportunities on all assigned projects and work with the project manager to develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Work closely with the project manager on assigned projects to ensure project performance in regards to cost, schedule, and quality.
- Monitor and report project engineering performance to leadership through formal status reviews and develop project corrective action plans to improve project performance when necessary.
- Perform engineering trade studies on new technologies or new solutions.
- Organize and direct assigned project team members from other functional disciplines to ensure schedule adherence, timely issue resolution, and proper prioritization of tasks.
- Assist business development with bid and proposal opportunities through development of compliance matrices, technical solution, cost estimation, and proposal documentation.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience.
- Five (5) or more years of engineering experience in project operations, including all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing system requirements or technical project management.
- Experience with requirements management tools, such as DOORS.
- Experience with scheduling tools, such as MS Project or Primavera.
- System and network architecture and design.
- Microsoft operating systems.
- Relational databases, such as Oracle.
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- Software Development Life Cycles.
- Systems Engineering V-Model.
- Cybersecurity policies and procedures.
Key skills for success:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to influence, inspire, and motivate all project team members.
- Strong sense of ownership in project deliverables, with initiative and entrepreneurial characteristics.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and configuration management.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more