Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Group (Seattle, WA)
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
We're looking for hands-on systems engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult systems and security problems in distributed, multi-tenant services and infrastructure. If this is you, at Oracle you can help design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. A security-focused engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
As a Systems Engineer focused on security you will be working closely with software engineers from the various cloud service teams to fulfill the needs of our Cloud Security Analysts, Offensive Security Specialists and Cloud Compliance Team. Your influence over the design of the full system architecture is critical. You should be familiar with security principles and tools at all levels of the software, hardware, and network stack; while being exceptionally deep in a few. Intellectual curiosity and an excitement for the challenges of securing complex, massive systems is a must. You should value simplicity and usability as well as security and work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment.
Cool things you'll do:
• Develop data ingestion and analysis solutions for a variety of inputs
• Design, deploy, and operate security pipeline infrastructure
• Work with Ethical Hacking and Offensive Security teams to discover and resolve issues
• Work with software development teams to assure they can resolve security issues
• Design, develop, deploy, and operate Cloud scale security tools
• Security metrics definition and delivery
• Consult across different software development teams
• Attack vector modeling
• Champion secure coding practices
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of experience in security engineering
• 5+ years of software/systems engineering experience
• Experience with SIEM or Log Management tools (e.g., Splunk, ArcSight, ELK)
• Experience with Automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible)
• Strong Linux Skills
• Experience working in a large cloud or Internet software company preferred
• Application / product / software security background strongly preferred
• Ability to effectively assess and communicate risks and appropriate levels of urgency to management and engineering staff
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through internal and external organizations and individuals
• Prior DevOps or continuous delivery and deployment experience preferred
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.