Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provide the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.
The Enterprise Sales Engineer will work with the sales team in a pre-sales role to develop and position solutions involving Rapid7’s’s security solutions. Work as an equal partner with our sales team in matching up enterprise customers with Rapid7's product portfolio and security solutions. If you are comfortable going toe-to-toe in a technical discussion with engineers and then shifting gears and having a brass-tacks business conversation with a CIO, this may be the opportunity for you.
- Relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of competitive products for each of Rapid7’s’s products, and the individual must obtain an Industry or Technical Certification (i.e. CISSP, CEH).
- Hands-on experience with Network Security, Incident Detection & Response, SIEM, and Computer Forensics Tools
- Articulates and demonstrates Rapid7’s solutions, and positions products relative to competition.
- Actively delivers presentations at high level speaking engagements at seminars and trade shows.
- In-depth knowledge of multiple Operating Systems and Security Solutions
- Possess presentation-ready knowledge and product expertise on all Rapid7’s product groups, with specialized expertise in the security solutions.
- 5+ years enterprise security solution and networking experience
- Experience supporting and working closely with a pre-sales and sales organization
- Strategic approach to technical selling with a professional understanding of customer expectations
- Customer Focus - Responds effectively to needs expressed by customers
- Must be able to present effectively in front of large groups, both technically and non-technically oriented. Also requires ability to understand business problems of C-level executives; discuss these problems; present and prepare solutions.
- Education: Bachelor's degree and/or 5 years related work experience