The Senior Security Research Engineer requires expertise in modern software components for scalable systems including messaging queues, schedulers, multi-threaded software, databases and modern cloud (AWS) technologies.
- Self-starter with a strong bias towards autonomy and 5-10 years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge of, and hands-on experience using Public Cloud technologies such as AWS, GCE, Azure, and Digital Ocean, to include associated APIs.
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience in creating event-driven architectures
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to effectively engage with colleagues, customers, and internal teams.
- Desire for constant learning and ability to make forward leaning decisions regarding appropriate new technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, EE, or other engineering/technical disciplines
- Strong background in Infosec
- Experience developing and deploying production systems to Public Cloud offerings
- Understanding of SaaS
- Comfort with end to end ownership of a project (design, implementation, testing, deployment, maintenance)
- Predominantly a Python shop
- Git for source control
- Containerization (Docker, Compose, Swarm)
- AWS primitives (S3, Lambda, ECS, API Gateway, etc.)
- Flexibility to leverage the right technologies for a given problem
Bachelor's Degrees in CS, EE, or equivalent experience.
Locations: Columbia, MD or Allen, TX
Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full-Time