What you’ll be doing...
This Senior Security Engineer is a part of our Managed Security Services (MSS) team, and will partner with F500 customer network and security architects to create security designs based on best practices and customized to meet the customer security policies. They will ensure that new designs support appropriate capacity levels and then provide ongoing capacity management though-out the design life cycle. As a Senior Security Engineer, you are tasked with lifecycle ownership of the environment and works outside of, but closely with, Security Operations Center and back office MSS teams to provide 3rd and/or 4th level operational support, problem resolution, and identify production pain points. You may be engaged to provide proactive project proposals based on capacity monitoring and operational pain points. All security designs are created to support SLA and are therefore optimized to support business continuity. Where possible, we will also look for opportunities to consolidate infrastructure to reduce cost and/or dedicated lanes built for high priority applications.
- Security Architecture – creating technically sound security designs that are compliant with the customer’s security policies, and manageable from the 24x7 SOC.
- Maintaining standards, CPE, and version control for custom MSS engagements.
- Projects - requirements mapping, consulting, project response, level of effort determination, equipment specification, and implementation recommendations and guidance.
- Proactively generate proposals for recommended, corrective, courses of action based on problem management or RCA reports.
- Operations Support - 3rd or 4th level Operations Support.
- Determine the appropriate hardware and software features and functionality required for a change or enhancement.
- Verify that the new hardware and software levels are interoperable with the existing legacy network.
- Carry the customer forward with new technology while attempting to protect the customer’s investment in the process
- Give technical advice and guidance on network cutovers and implementation plans while understanding how these changes/modifications can affect the customer’s business.
- Provide guidance, technical, and troubleshooting support on Tier 4 escalations.
- Maintain quality assurance through adherence to established process, procedures, baselines, and CPE standards.
- Act as the technical liaison between the customer and Verizon for problem resolution assistance with regards to critical network and Change issues
- Define action plans that are easy to implement, effective at reducing risk, and as much as possible will take advantage of existing people, processes, and technologies.
- Participate in status calls to discuss risk intelligence, incidents, vulnerability details, change request, implementation state, compliance state, and/or risk state.
- Be involved in MTO, Merger, and Separation duties, supporting Management Take Over (MTO) for custom MSS client contracts.
- Be involved in due diligence and documentation associated with complex Association and Application flow determination, which forms the foundation for managed changes and incident management in highly visible perimeter environments.
- Vulnerability Management support.
- IDS/IPS Policy Tuning.
- Tuning of MSS Analytics platform & creation of custom use case.
- Retrospective review of escalated security incidents.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in security architecture and security device engineering.
- Four or more years of experience with security vendor devices and technologies including UTM, IDS/IPS, NGFW, proxies, and NAC.
- Four or more experience with firewall engineering with Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco, or Fortinet.
- Willingness to travel on rare occasions and work flexible schedule as necessary.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree.
- Eight or more experience with security architecture and engineering at the enterprise level.
- Experience successfully leading a number of significant merger and acquisition efforts related to security architecture.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Solid knowledge of network products & technologies and certifications in that area (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE).
- Security certifications from SANS or ISC² (CISSP, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, etc).
- Knowledge of a SIEM solution (Splunk, RSA) as well creation/development of use cases, custom content, and performance tuning.
- Experience in the security incident detection, investigation, and response.
- Knowledge and work experience of IDS/IPS tuning.
- Experience with third party cloud solutions (Zscaler, iBoss, Cylance).
- Experience with Vulnerability Management solutions (Qualys, Nessus).
- Experience with Policy Assessment tools (Tufin, Algosec, Firemon, Skybox).
- Experience with Linux/UNIX based environments.
- Experience with scripting languages, preferably python.
- Experience working in a customer facing role.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing) across technical, customer, and executive audiences.
- Ability to work individually without much guidance.
- Very good time management skills to balance between clients.