About the Role
As a Security Operations Center (SOC) Engineer you are experienced in tuning alerting systems, aggregating various data points/defining correlation rules, building robust systems for monitoring real time security events, managing incidents and detecting/responding to cybersecurity events. You are passionate about security and dedicated to continuously improving detection and response capabilities.
- Serve as a technical expert building and supporting Chime’s security incident and event management (SIEM) infrastructure
- Work closely with other Security teams and the the business to monitor and analyze events and signals across various logical environments
- Gather threat intelligence, identify adversaries, tools and techniques that require mitigation and response
- Make recommendations to Engineering, Risk, IT and other teams on improving Chime’s detection capabilities
- Support the implementation of fraud and risk analytics/detection tooling
- Define correlation rules, thresholds for alerts and other criteria necessary to identify anomalous behavior
- Execute on team and company OKRs
- At least 6 years cyber security engineering experience, 2 of which includes providing engineering support to a SOC/ISIRT environment
- Experience configuring one or more of the following:
- Continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM) tools
- Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS)
- Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR)
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM)
- Experience with network security monitoring, purple or red team engagements
- Experience with vulnerability management or pentesting tools
- Experience with frameworks such as the Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK and Diamond Model
- Experience with response framework or alerting tools (GRR, StreamAlert)
- Familiarity with networking concepts in both physical (routers, switches, firewalls) and cloud environments (IAM, VPCs)
- Experience with Languages such as; Ruby, Python, PowerShell, Bash, etc. and also with cloud infrastructure (AWS), containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in FinTech a plus
- Ability to multi-task and wear multiple hats
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches. (when back in office!)
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.