Senior Security Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of IT security solutions for network, systems and applications. The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for developing technical solutions that enable the securityarchitecture strategy and protect the organization's IT systems and software from malicious activity and technology breaches. With general guidance and coaching, participates in design, development and implementation of specific new and emerging technologies, platforms and services. The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for providing expert technical knowledge, standards development, program development, risk assessment, reporting, and awareness education related to information security.
Responsibilities of the Senior Security Engineer
- Performs assessments of technical viability of new products and technologies.
- Works with developers and infrastructure specialists to pilot and evaluate new technologies.
- Analyzes system requirements to ensure they meet functional and operational security requirements.
- Proactively monitors and reports on current Internet threats
- Has a thorough understanding of the latest security exploits and how to prevent them.
- Defines, reviews and enforces information security policy, standards and guidelines for business operations and technology implementations.
- Proactively identifies IT securityrisks including IT technical implementations or business processes.
- Conducts security assessments and audits, penetration testing, IT forensic investigations and incident management
- Coordinates Group-wide IT Security matters such as incident response, intrusion detection management and IT Security advisories
- Works together with software development teams to define security objectives and guidelines
- Initiates, plans and directs security project implementations
- Participate in the rotating “on call” schedule with other members of the team for providing support to the business and partners. Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Senior Security Engineer
- B.S. or B.A. degree in MIS, CIS, CS, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years experience with information securitytechnologies, networkin, TCP/IP protocols, and MSWindows operating systems
- Healthcareexperience and familiarity with HIPAA is highly desirable
License(s) and/or Certification(s):
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is a plus.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with our client's Values.
- Thorough understanding of Disaster recovery, contingency planning, encryption technologies, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and/or vulnerability management
- Excellent project management and documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Maintains industry awareness regarding all IT Security trends and directions
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks independently
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
- Ability to test and analyze complex LAN/WANsecurity settings
- Understands LANs/WANs connectivity requirements, Security protocols, and Monitoring tools
- Has knowledge of how best practices integrate with company objectives
- Provides mentoring/coaching to junior members of the IT staff in IT Security disciplines
Compensation for the Senior Security Engineer
- Salary for the Senior Security Engineer $90,000 - $97,800
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available? No
Is there a bonus structure?6%
Are you open to sponsorship? No
This position is: Backfill
Is there a possibility to work remote? No
Is there equity? No
Are there flexible work hours? No
Does this position have direct reports? No
Who does this position report to? Director
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Must have CCIS certification