As the Senior Security Engineer you’d join our growing InfoSec team helping to build a robust security culture. You’d work very closely with our Site Reliability Engineering, Application Engineering and Tech Ops teams to ensure Policygenius is doing all we can to protect the company’s and our customer’s data.
You will have the mindset of a technology partner and enabler who is seen as a trusted adviser. You will be able to educate, advise on system design, implement/configure/monitor security tools, and help drive an appreciation for security. If you like to better secure, introduce automation and reduce risks then this role’s for you.
In this role, you will…
- Design, select, implement, and configure security solutions to help the business meet objectives while keeping our customer data secure
- Partner with engineering teams to automate and integrate security controls into continuous integration, delivery and deployment processes
- Collaborate with our SRE and TechOps teams to keep our environment secured
- Stay up-to-date on vulnerabilities and risks, and drive responses to protect our environment
- Respond to incidents as part of our incident response process
- Gather, aggregate, and analyze security related data
- Creating clear and concise documentation to formalize security processes
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years of experience within the security domain, including managing delivery of complex projects, mentoring, acting as a role model for other engineers and evaluating complex tradeoffs and priorities, with at least 2 years using public cloud technologies (GCP preferred, but AWS, Azure etc are welcome!).
- You have experience in DevSecOps Methodology and automating security controls into the CI/CD process
- You have working knowledge of endpoint, systems, containerization, databases, orchestration/configuration as code technologies and network security engineering best practices.
- You have deep familiarity with information security frameworks (e.g. NIST, CIS, or ISO) and experience architecting solutions to meet compliance requirements (e.g. PCI-DSS, GDRP, CCPA).
- You are a problem solver who is able to quickly digest issues and recommend an appropriate solution based on risk and need.
- You have experience formulating a clear and actionable plan, with experience executing against it.
- You can successfully work in a fast paced, agile environment.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!