You will serve as the Senior Security Engineer for a leading financial services firm.
- Help design, implement, support and maintain existing securityinfrastructure including cloud-based deployments
- Maintain and improve the Security Program through the implementation of security tools, processes, and procedures as well as operation of existing tools and controls.
- Evaluate business strategies and requirements, research information security standards, conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, identify integration issues and prepare cost estimates
- Evaluate network and securitytechnologies, develop requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices, and design public key infrastructures (PKIs)
- Plan, implement and verify security systems
- Upgrade security systems as needed
- Prepare system securityreports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- 6+ years of hands on experience in implementing and operating securitytechnologies in a corporate environment.
- CISSP certification required
- Understanding of technical standards (preferably CIS) and their implications
- Understanding of server andnetworkconfigurations with regards to industry best practices related to:
- Network and Server Security
- Network and Server Hardware Configuration
- Networking Protocols and Standards
- Securing workloads in cloud environments like AWS, Azure, IBM, or Google
- Securing APIs and Microservices
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred or equivalent experience
- Technical GIAC certifications such as GCIH, GPEN, and GCIA are highly desirable.
- Experience working in the financial industry is a plus
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written, verbal) and be able to work with both highly technical and non-technical individuals.