Why our company is a great place to work Join a Fortune 300® company in the growing healthcare industry and help to secure the software solutions for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries’ highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense. Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is committed to providing our team members with the tools, training, and technology they need to excel in their roles. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the state-of-the-art, volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of our building, which provides free dental care to those in need.Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300® Company and a member of the S&P 500® and NASDAQ 100® Indices, Henry Schein employs over 20,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $11.6 billion in 2016. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the “World’s Most Ethical Company” in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.
This position is responsible for focusing on the strategy, development, implementation, and maintenance of the application security program across research, development, quality assurance, support, and IT systems. This is a high level, conceptual, as well as hands-on position that requires a great deal of general securityexperience, as well as application development experience and secure coding knowledge.
· Advise in, and participate in, the design of secure products and architectures
· Perform architecturesecurity reviews, security focused code reviews, and security testing
· Work closely with engineering and product teams to design and implement security-related systems and functionality, including writing secure code as necessary, and verification of threat models, risk and security posture
· Monitor software usage and perform forensics to verify that the software is performing to the requiredsecurity standards
· Perform constant monitoring and awareness of key developments in the area of web and client application security in order to provide direction of security trends, and anticipate emerging standards and best practices
· Provide leadership, guidance and direction to security resources and be an influencer of development, systems, support, and quality assurance teams
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Seasoned, experienced senior level professional role. Evaluation, originality or ingenuity required. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. Assignments are typically broad in nature. Serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May take on project lead role as required. Typically the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Network with senior internal and external personnel inside/outside own area of expertise.
May manage vendor relationships. Receive little instruction on day-to-day work, general instruction on new assignments. Assignments are broad in nature. May mentor team members on daily basis.
Typically 6 to 8 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. Typically hold 2 or more industry certifications
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
· Full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
· Excellent planning/ organizational skills
· Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Excellent conflict resolution skills
· Excellent decision making skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Work independently; receive minimal guidance
· Professional maturity in delivering difficult messages in a professional and empathetic manner
· Excellent negotiating skills
· Able to contribute to moderately complex aspects of a project
· Use skills to resolve complex issues in effective ways
· Act as a resource for colleagues; may direct the work of other staff members
· Ability to manage within a budget
· Project management/ consultative skills
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Advanced knowledge of secure application programming, coding life cycles and designs
· Advanced understanding of security principles, best practices architectures, tools and processes
· Advanced knowledge of multiple current operating systems and hosting environments
· Good understanding of networking protocols
· Advanced knowledge of software and networkarchitecture and standards
· Advanced knowledge of authentication protocol building blocks and methods
· Basic ability to understand business drivers and priorities, and integrate these requirements into overall securitydesign
· Advanced ability to conduct threat assessments and assess risk
· Good ability to create and maintain risk-based measures and build security processes that work within various development methodologies
· Advanced ability to communicate security objectives orally and in writing to a variety of audiences
· Basic knowledge of the technological security issues and challenges faced by corporations and governments around the world
· Basic ability to project and predict outcomes based on security trends and industry requirements
· Advanced knowledge of reverse engineering techniques and tools
· Advanced knowledge of data storage formats, tools and languages
TRAVEL/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Travel typically 5% to 20%.
· Office environment. No special physical demands required.