Major Opportunities and Decisions:
- Provides technical and security consultation to IT and Business Technology Solutions (BTS).
- Identifies opportunities for business application alignment with security best practices.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement
- Execute daily security systems management functions
- Provide technical monitoring, incident response and remediation
- Assist with Security Governance projects
- Provide consultative services to IT/BTS teams
- Identify opportunity for security services level improvement.
- Performs performance monitoring and capacity planning.
- Must have 5+ years experience with network and security protocols
- Must have 3+ years experience with installation and configuration of Checkpoint firewalls/vpn
- Must have 2+ years experience with installation and configuration of Cisco firewalls/vpn
- 2+ years experience with installation and configuration of IDS/IPS a plus
- 2+ years experience in administering and supporting Bluecoat proxies a plus.
- 1+ years experience in Cisco SSL VPN a plus
- 1+ years experience in wireless technologies including rogue detection a plus
- Solid design and implementation experience on Checkpoint and Cisco Firewalls
- Ability to perform security system configuration and administration, system updates, policy compliance, and security assessments.
- IT forensic investigations and incident handling.
- Advanced knowledge of HTTP(S), network protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, DNS along with packet analysis
- Knowledge of Bluecoat , Proxies, Cisco SSL VPN, Clean Access and ACS
- Solid troubleshooting skills, good communications skills both written and oral, ability to multitask in a fast, dynamic environment built on multi-vendor security controls.
- Good team player, willing to work weekends occasionally and willing to be on call as needed.
- Ability to work independently and with limited guidance, ability to identify problems and resolve collaboratively with other functional teams and vendor partners
- Advanced understanding of common IT security controls and protocols.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Computer Science.