Senior Security Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
In this role, you’ll help build the technology responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. The Senior Security Engineer position requires the ability to help set tactical and strategic architecture direction.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be the development, maintenance and enforcement of the perimeter security posture for the products, technology and processes in order to adequately protect Aera assets and customer data as well as providing an escalation point for others to consult and trust in the candidate’s technical knowledge base.
- Enhance the security posture of corporate infrastructure and tools
- Perform security assessments of core corporate services
- Build tools and automation to enhance the security of our corporate services
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies
- 5+ years of securityexperience
- Strong understanding of both security and network fundamentals and protocols
- Experience automating security activities, such as incident response actions, configuration changes, and threat hunting
- Understanding of proxy solutions and protocols, including explicit and transparent modes of operation, various authentication mechanisms, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows or Linux security best practices
- Proficient in Python and basic shell scripting
- Familiarity with Identify and Access Management solutions relative to Multi-factor authentication
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong team player, but can work independently when required
- AWS experience is a plus