Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 104 days ago
Senior Security Engineer
Our client, a financially stable and thriving alternative investment firm, is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join their team in Dallas, TX or New York, NY as a full-time employee. The Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for information security and business continuity planning and will rely on best practices, regulatory requirements, and threat intelligence to design and operate security-related systems and processes. This role requires a strong, hands-on technical background along with leadership skills. Focus areas include enterprise firewall and intrusion detection/prevention controls, SIEM and IAM solutions, vulnerability management, and APT solutions. The infrastructure includes high-density datacenters, 700+ servers, virtualization, high-performance compute clusters, tiered storage solutions, a substantial investment in Microsoft's infrastructure suite, and a growing Linux and cloud presence. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including great benefits, relocation assistance and tremendous opportunities for growth!
*Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred. Degree in a STEM field is a plus.
* 8-10 years of hands-on technical experience in an IT security role supporting a large organization.
* Experience collaborating with Executives, Legal and Compliance departments to monitor and enforce compliance with applicable regulations and laws pertaining to information security.
* Security policy creation experience.
* Experience with Windows Security, Unix / Linux Security, Firewalls, System / Application Patching, Forensics Malware Analysis, IAM, Malware / Virus Prevention, etc.
* Expert knowledge of security frameworks and principles.
* Expert knowledge of relevant technologies and vendors.
* Leadership experience managing projects and being a key liaison with vendors and internal and external partners.
* Experience with and interest in mentoring junior engineers.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, and project management skills.
* Flexibility to travel minimally.
* Programming experience in Python, C++, C# or SQL.
* Automation software (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar).
* AWS or private cloud experience.
* Experience in the financial industry.