Senior Security Engineer – Application Penetration TestingLead
You will be responsible for developing and maturing the offensive security program at Splunk. This includes but is not limited tomanagingpenetration testing coverage of the Splunk product landscape, overseeingred team operations, external vulnerability reports and closure of known security issues. This role involves working closely with the Director of Product Security and Engineering Leads to help them understand the risk associated with different product vulnerabilities and provide remediation guidance. As the offensive security lead, you will ensure knowledge creation around common vulnerabilities within Splunk products and corresponding secure development practices.
Challenges in this role include: understanding the Splunk product universe, risk based prioritization, ensuring penetration testing coverage, remediation guidance, incident response guidance,and bug bounty decisions.
You will be an ideal candidate if you:
- Are capable of establishing a baseline product risk landscape and continuously update the landscape with new features/products.
- Are capable of assessing risk accurately, manage multiple penetration testing projects and a team of penetration testers.
- Have significant penetration testing experience and offensive capabilities in numerous core competency areas including web applications, networks, infrastructure (cloud and on-prem).
- Track and research the latest developments in vulnerability research.
- Have a proven track record in managing bug bounty program and relationships with the researcher community.
- Have experience using standard tools for penetration testing, and have the ability to develop or adapt custom tooling to solve new needs.
- Have an ability and interest in creating education and awareness about secure coding practices.
- 7+ Years experience in offensive security.
- Strong understanding of vulnerabilities, common attack vectors and how to resolve them.
- Attacker mindset: ability to think about creative threats and attack vectors.
- Well-rounded background in host, network and application security.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms(preferably AWS).
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
- Contributions to the security community such as research, public CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source projects, and blogs or publications.
- Experience with Splunk