This position will provide security technical engineering for AAA Northeast, consisting of the local and wide area network infrastructure, associated hardware, software, and application, operating, and logging technology components that comprise the security infrastructure as a whole.
CheckPoint, Cisco ASA, Rapid 7, Imperva, Okta
Maintain a reliable, efficient, and appropriately sized security infrastructure to support the security needs of AAA Northeast. Primary responsibilities include Intrusion Detection/Prevention, firewall administration and implementation, and operating, and web technology against external and internal exploits.
Take a leadership role in providing technical assistance and troubleshooting support for the organization across all technology and security policies and procedures. Interface with the user community and other members of Information Technology to understand and facilitate security needs.
Remain up-to-date on all security threats to an enterprise, including viruses, Denial of Service attacks, information theft, and any new compromises to the global internal and external security architecture.
Provide a leadership role for technical support in maintaining, tuning, and extending the security infrastructure as required by the needs of the Club.
Perform detailed security audits and make recommendations to management to improve internal and external security.
Identify and evaluate potential security related software packages and hardware which can be used in monitoring and troubleshooting the security infrastructure.
Regularly evaluate security matrices and security preparedness against the latest global threats to ensure AAA Northeast is not compromised or breached in any way.
The individual will act as backup to configure, administrator and support, routers, switches and bandwidth management products.
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science and 8-10 years of equivalent Industry experience.
• Certification in security (CISSP) and networking technology (CCNA), relative security training or equivalent are required.
• 7 plus year relevant experience including building and maintaining a corporate security infrastructure.
• 5 plus years of experience with Windows and Linux operating systems with a working understanding of web application technology.
• Cisco and Checkpoint technology in high availability configuration with extensive knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems, Virtual Private Networks tunnel configuration. Firewall Management experience.
• Wireless Networks Security, and encryption technologies, fault-tolerant engineering using networking and systems technologies, Wide Area Network (WAN) bandwidth management, and Windows Active Directory and Linux environments.
• Knowledge of vulnerability scan and exploit software, applications software and relational data bases in a client/server environment.
• Ability to analyze needs and develop and implement project plans.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts orally and in writing to both technical and non-technical users, team members, vendors and consultants.
• It requires the ability to work both independently and as part of a design and implementation team.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and conditions and manage moderately complex technical projects, meet deadlines and effectively communicate program requirements.
AAA Northeast is one of the largest and most innovative membership organizations in North America. It is a multi-business organization comprising more than 60 locations in a six-state area. We provide valuable roadside service to our 5.1 million members, as well as many specialized services such as Financial Services & Loans, Insurance, Travel, Discounts, Auto Glass, and Driver Training. AAA is a key advocate for issues impacting the traveling public, such as highway safety, road maintenance and related legislation. We have a unique organizational model and many of our businesses are the largest and most sought after in their industries. AAA Northeast employees help and serve as a way of life. Through a 100-year legacy of service stewardship, our employees make valuable contributions to our workplace and the community that surrounds us. In order to continue our mission, our organization is expanding and we need talented people to work alongside us in creating our next 100 years.