Being part of the solution. Lifelong learning. Contributing to complex projects that address some of the most significant challenges facing society. This is where we thrive. Now it’s your turn.
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. is a leading US-based multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm that plans, designs, and delivers highperformance engineered systems for technically complex buildings and utility infrastructure projects. Nationally and internationally, AEI specializes in the healthcare, research, energy production and distribution, higher education, industrial, mission critical, and high-performance design markets. Building Design+Construction magazine ranks AEI in the top ten of US engineering firms overall, and in the top ten of healthcare, university, science and technology, and Federal government engineers. AEI has received 13 R&D Magazine Lab of the Year awards.
Being a part of a collaborative team, working in innovative environments, encouraging exceptional performance, and exploring outside interests and professional development; AEI recognizes our employees are the most valued part of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a remarkable work/life balance. AEI offers:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
- Paid time off and holidays
As an Senior Security Consultant, you will be responsible for assisting in the overall strategy and development of the security consulting practice by providing extensive physical and technological assessments (Threat / Vulnerability / Risk), security systems design, and integrated security solutions.
- Lead in the execution of services including studies and assessments, security planning, security design, and other consulting services.
- Lead projects for clients in new or modified security systems and products to determine feasibility, time frames and compatibility with current systems.
- Assess client security programs and strategies to determine overall program effectiveness. Lead the design, planning, implementation, assessment, and management of access control systems, digital video surveillance systems, building security, and intrusion detection systems.
- Research and implement complex information and decision-making systems that encompass diverse technologies including unified management software, access control, intrusion detection, video surveillance, streaming video, data, voice, wireless, sensors, door hardware, etc.
- Recommend and present technologies into various new and existing sites and facilities, and the implementation of plans for systems growth, operations, and personnel requirements.
- Lead operational issues and implement design alterations to address these issues. Conduct vulnerability assessments of critical infrastructure, for both compliance, regulatory and general security purposes.
- Determine departmental objectives and requirements, organizing projects and developing standards and guidelines.
- Prepare and monitor department budget and expenditure of funds for staff hours, supplies, training, and equipment.
- Understand and assess trends for regulatory and compliance requirements that may impact current or future business opportunities.
- Coordinate with internal Affiliated Engineers department facilitators / project managers (Across multiple market groups as necessary) to develop pursuit plans in conjunction with ongoing security consulting business opportunities.
- Assist in closing new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Identify new, non-traditional and compelling security solutions to customer’s stated project scopes that differentiate Affiliated Engineers.
- Build relationships with assigned clients at a corporate level.
- Other similar and / or related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Security Administration, Criminal Justice or equivalent.
- 5+ years of security experience, preferably in a security capacity.
- Basic knowledge of ADA, NFPA 101, door hardware, ergonomics, low voltage electronics and inter-traded coordination (Lighting, HVAC, Electrical, Telecommunications, Civil and Architectural).
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Security Consultant (CSC) or Physical Security Professional (PSP) designations preferred.
- REVIT and AutoCAD knowledge and proficiency of the construction process lifecycle including, but not limited to bid packages, specifications, addendum and bulletins.
- Understanding of security best practices, design standards, codes, specification requirements, and an ability to interpret them.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Suite Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Schedule, etc.).
- Critical thinker who can autonomously identify problems, provide innovative solutions and lead large projects in a variety of market groups.