What you'll be doing...
The Senior Security Architect supports the business and support for a high profile Government agency. The individual should possess a wide range of skills related to wireline and wireless networks to provide high degrees of availability survivability and security for the key government account. The individual will support the development of solutions that incorporate communications network isolation, domain boundary protections, enhanced cybersecurity capabilities, security monitoring and developing solutions for operational security improvement.
The Senior Security Architect will support:
- End to end security designs to meet agency compliance requirements. This includes architecting to support FISMA, the NIST RMF, ISO/IEC/IEEE and agency requirements.
- Security boundaries, security domains, trust domains that incorporate the security controls to meet the 16 NIST control families identified in NIST 800-53 rev 5 addressing all technical and program security controls.
- Risk mitigation for the agency to ensure the appropriate security posture is in place.
- Evolving the environment to a future cyber security technologies to provide enhanced situational awareness for the customer.
- Validating the security designs and solutions in a lab environment.
- Ensuring operations with core components including active directory, PKI certificate authority, key management and other components of the supported architecture.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Self-motivated, have excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Excellent technical skills including expert level routing and networking, a strong knowledge of operating systems and strong knowledge of security devices that include FW, IDS, advanced malware, etc.
- Strong knowledge of security compliance frameworks including CPI 810, NIST 800-53 rev 5, NIST 800-37 rev 2, NIST 800-160 rev 1 and ISO Security Standards.
- Strong knowledge of securing network and communications platforms to ensure isolation and domain boundary protections.
- Strong knowledge of developing enhanced security services, security monitoring and security event logging.
- Strong knowledge of risk management processes and procedures and be able to apply these principles to the security designs that are developed.
- Security design/lab engineering or operational experience.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification and relevant Cisco, Splunk, Arcsight, FireEye, A10, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Gigamon, McAfee, Tripwire or other certifications.