Cerner's ITWorks organization focuses on workforce alignment by partnering with clients to optimize resources to increase effectiveness and reduce costs. With a broad portfolio of services from entire IT department management and strategy to standalone IT help desk services; Cerner ITWorks is a growing and dynamic business unit.
Cerner ITWorks provides expertise and support to maximize client's investments in IT solutions, infrastructure and operational effectiveness and efficiencies. Cerner ITWorks is in need of talented healthcare IT professionals with a commitment to improving healthcare.
We are looking for a Senior Security Architect to join our ITWorks’ Team at Baptist Health, in Montgomery, AL. As a member of this team, you will define the layers of security deployed to protect Cerner’s logical assets while collaborating with associates across Cerner to influence a “secure from the start” culture.
This includes coordination, monitoring, and delivery of client projects from initiation to delivery. You will design technical, clinical, and/or operational architect to meet the business and functional requirements, thus serving as the technical liaison between Cerner and the client to ensrue all targets and requirements are completed on schedule and within budget.
Your responsibilities will include leading research and consultation decisions on existing or emerging security projects and associate services, processes and support strategies while also leading the evaluation of security innovation and set direction for security roadmap, implementation and support strategies.
Your responsibilities will also include evaluating vendor securitytechnologies and services and managing relationships. You will also define documentation requirements and assist in the preparation of proper documentation defining Cerner’s security control standards, assessing risks, and implementing mitigation strategies against security industry frameworks and standards.
This also includes analyzing reports and data from a variety of network and host-based security appliance logs to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation pats for each incident.
In addition, you will assess, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms. Finally you will collaborate with stakeholders both inside and outside Cerner to align with solution strategy and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, and Management Information Systems, related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 6 years of Information Technologysecurity work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Network/Systems administration with experience of TP/IP
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Security including Cisco Firewalls, Web filtering and Windows operating system
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – (ISC)
- Experience with Legal compliance, HIPAA and Meaningful use
- At least 5 years complex, full-cycle technology implementation work experience
- At least 5 years technical work experience within information security
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) – GIAC
- CompTIA Security + - Comp TIA
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) – (ISC)
- Cisco Certified NetworkAssociate (CCNA) Security - Cisco
- Ability to obtain government security clearance or certification (i.e., DOD or VA)
- Willing to travel up to 20% as needed
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform otherresponsibilities as assigned
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to the Montgomery, AL area.