Paro is looking to add an experienced Senior Scrum Master to join our modern product team. As our first Scrum Master you will help define and implement scrum processes and act as a couch, mentor, & leader to the broader product and engineering teams on best practices. You will be responsible for facilitating vital communication and collaboration between product, engineering, and stakeholders on requirements, priorities, and continuous process improvements.
You’ll be responsible for managing a delivery team for key areas of the application, driving adoption of best practices in the Agile/Scrum-based delivery methodology, budgetary and schedule accountability, and more. The ideal candidate will also be positioned to help grow our scrum team in the coming year as we continue to grow our product and engineering teams both domestically and offshore.
- Manage a cross-functional team consisting of backend and frontend developers, QA staff, and engineers, to ensure features and fixes are delivered on time and with quality, following the Scrum methodology
- Lead Agile teams to become self-organized and empowered, to determine the best way to get the work done
- Perform Sprint Reviews and track progress of action plans
- Deliver weekly status reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong command of standard Project Management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- Assist with clearing obstacles identified by the team and guiding the team to the right process or resource to clear blockers
- Utilize KPI dashboards to monitor and keep tasks on track
- Track Sprint progress against appointments and report possible deviations
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating core Agile meetings with one or more teams (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Demo, Backlog Grooming, etc.)
- Triage production issues, and allocate to sprints based on priority.
- Report on project status, budget, schedule, and Agile metrics such as velocity and cycle time
How You'll Add Value:
- 3+ years experience delivering sophisticated, mission-critical, high-quality software solutions in a timely manner
- At Least 1 year experience acting as a Scrum master or following another agile methodology
- Bachelor's degree or comparable hands on experience
- Proven track record of on time deliveries
- A background in corporate finance and understanding of the marketplace is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey intricate ideas in a simple, clear, and concise way
- Expertise in writing epics, user stories and product quality assurance
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Scrum Professional preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the well-documented patterns and practices of Scrum (i.e. ceremonies, burndown techniques, various retrospective formats, etc.).
- Experience with conflict resolution and situational awareness.
- Proven experience with continuous process improvement.
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and deadlines.