The Senior Scrum Master manages sprint cycles for developers and features delivery to ensure that we produce high quality feature / functionality for the user community with a focus on user experience. This role is a facilitator for an agile development and product team with a get things done attitude. This position is part of the technical product team to provide functionality across financial, commercial and clinical applications. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
High Level Responsibilities:
- Prepare for and facilitate sprint planning with the development team.
- Assist with prioritizing stories.
- Help write and break-down stories to the right size for sprint completion. ·
- Drive stories to Ready state in preparation for the next sprint.
- Work with the team and user community to maintain a healthy backlog and plan releases.
- Identify test scenarios
- Build a regression test at a service level as well as end-to-end level.
- Conduct quantitative impact analysis on systems changes, analyze risks and mitigation approaches
- Communicate testing requirements, status, issues and risks with stakeholders
- Ensure the team follows and improves their processes.
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, grooming, demo, retrospectives, and other related team and inter-team meetings.
- Participate in sprint demonstrations.
- Foster team collaboration and communication.
- Maintain and generate information radars for the teams.
- Collect team metrics, share with team, suggest new metrics, and drive improvement using the metrics.
Development Team Support:
- Remove impediments to the team’s ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners, management, other teams, and the support organization.
- Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders.
- May be required to take on testing and product team support as needed.
- Strong UX focus.
- Facilitate team development, mediate conflicts and encourage healthy team dynamics.
- Coordinate operational issues.
- Help the team with testing when necessary.
- Coordinate environment setups & maintenance, code deployments, and production releases.
- Help triage support and production issues, making sure the right tickets are brought into the sprint and pushed through to production when needed.
- Minimize changes to the sprint backlog, but if changes are made, reduce impact to the sprint by re-balancing tickets as necessary.
Production Support and User Support:
- Mentor team members and other stakeholders on Agile best practices.
- Understand and provide solutions for user community in terms of technology solutions.
- Create a sharing and learning environment, promoting best practices such as pair-programming and cross-functional training.
- Coach the teams to embrace agile practices in their daily work, helping each team member find and understand their role within the process.
- Promote teamwork to achieve sprint goals.
- Lead the teams towards agile maturity.
- Participate in scaling agile throughout the organization.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- B.S. in Computing Science, or equivalent work experience. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in as a scrummaster, UX manager or product manager.
- Experience with Agile development building solutions from start to finish.
- Experience in software development lifecycle process from build, software configuration, change control, and release and deployment activities.
- Experience with implementing scalable and sophisticated business rule applications.
- Experience building web-based APIs, frameworks or SDKs.
- Experience building enterprise software or business critical systems is a plus.
- Experience building applications with using cloud technologies is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to breakdown business workflow into technical Jira tickets and run sprints.
- Ability to balance quality outcomes with product timelines.
- Knowledge of SQL optimization, performance tuning and query design.
- Knowledge in REST API design concepts with JSON.
- Good communication skills; shows pride and ownership of work; and, helps others achieve the same.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with a solid analytical background. Work closely with engineers to understand, without adding overhead to their work schedules.
- Outcome and user experience driven over process driven.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
- Flexible working hours but must be able to communicate with US team on PST.