Examity is a world leader in online proctoring. Founded in 2013, we work with colleges, universities, employers, and assessment providers to protect online test integrity. Since 2013, the market for online proctoring has only increased – today, we maintain five global locations, support hundreds of clients, and proctor millions of exams a year.
Being one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the United States starts with having the best team. Our employees are the heartbeat and backbone of everything we do. Together, we’re able to build a better testing experience that meets candidates where they are. If you share our passion for providing the most innovative, versatile, and secure online proctoring in the industry, then we would love to talk to you.
The Senior Scrum Master at Examity will guide, coach, and mentor Agile teams toward achieving their objectives in delivering software to our customers. The Senior Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring the team lives Agile values and principles, following agreed upon processes and practices. This role will make an impact by clearing obstacles, creating an effective working environment, and addressing and assessing team and company dynamics.
What you’ll do:
- Foster trust and collaboration across all team members; make it safe to challenge, experiment, and fail without fear.
- Support the Product Owner to ensure the Agile artifacts used by the team are healthy.
- Guide teams towards high performance and promotes continuous improvement for all functions.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and foster cross-team communication.
- Protect team from external interruptions to execution.
- Coach the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Provide guidance on utilizing Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization, coaching the team to higher levels at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable.
- Facilitate team-level Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and iteration planning as a servant leader to the team.
- Proactively recognize conflict; facilitate conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.
- Enable the measuring, analyzing, and reporting of Agile team metrics.
- Help the team improve on planning one quarter in advance.
What we’re looking for:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- 5-8 years of experience in an Agile organization delivering SaaS-based products.
- 15+ years of total engineering experience.
- Knowledgeable in Agile methodologies and ideally other disciplines (i.e., Lean, XP practices).
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Facilitation skills to lead a small group.
- Having worked in a distributed environment with team members on-shore and off-shore.
- Able to facilitate different approaches to typical Agile work (story sizing approaches, different retrospective techniques, etc.).
- Skills at instructing, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance and employee development.
- Ability to recognize conflict and support conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.
- Demonstrated Agile behaviors, embracing Agile Principles in relentless improvement with a sense of urgency.
- Assist with the creation and/or delivery of Agile product and project presentations.
- Ability to make decisions independently, such as reprioritizing and managing workload.
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a relevant field.