At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Scrum Master
As a Scrum Master within Commercial Technology, you will drive strategy and execute on high priority projects. From the very start, working with key stakeholders across the company, you will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements. You will be working with passionate leaders, developers, designers and product owners to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You will be empowered to build high performing scrum teams in order to deliver exceptional software solutions which delight users and at the same time meet Capital One’s high quality standards
- Schedule/facilitate sprint planning meeting(s) prior to the beginning of each sprint. Work with product owners and delivery teams to groom stories in advance of each sprint.
- Schedule/facilitate daily stand up, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other Agile / Scrum ceremonies
- Represent the team at the Scrum of Scrums meetings to report on progress and any impediments that need attention from leadership
- Support the Product Manager / Product Owners in updating release roadmap and delivery strategy
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner
- Be active in a community of Scrum Masters to receive mentoring from Agile coaches as well as provide coaching for other teammates sharing best practices and lessons learned.
- Teach/Mentor/Coach teams on Agile practices, roles, artifacts and ceremonies
- Coordinate as needed with other Scrum Masters the delivery of cross team dependent work efforts
- Manage business relationships with other component teams necessary for product release
- Identify opportunities for continuous operational and/or team improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- CSM Certification (Certified Scrum Master)
- At least 3 years of Agile Delivery experience
- At least 2 year’s experience using an Agile management/tracking tool
- Excellent communication and partnership skills to effectively manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Strong drive to complete projects when faced with ambiguity
- Ability to energize a group of engineers to achieve their full potential