San Diego, CA
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 59 days ago
HD Biosciences, Inc. (San Diego), a WuXi AppTec Company, is expanding its IO in vitro Division. We’re seeking a full-time Senior Scientist to help advance HD Biosciences’ immuno-oncology team to complete client-based projects and experiments.
• Perform and be in charge of complex in vitro Immuno- Oncology experiments
• Lead trouble-shooting and issue solving efforts to ensure successful delivery of client’s projects
• Effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external clients to promote a world-class service
• Accurately interpret experimental data, draw general conclusions, and communicate data internally and externally
• Routinely generates new ideas, systematically evaluates new technologies and implements those that add value
• Create metrics, complete data analysis, study reports and presentations
• Consistently provide study-specific supervision and mentorship as appropriate (experimental, coaching and performance reviews)
• Will provide people management and mentoring responsibility, will have one direct report
• Perform additional tasks as required
• Maintain familiarity with current literature and trends
• Maybe required to work Holidays and weekends
• Maybe required to work Overtime
• Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
• Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
Experience / Education
• PhD with 4-6 years of post-doctoral training or working experience in the area of immune oncology or pharmaceutical related services
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Strong knowledge in tumor immunology, cellular immunology, autoimmunity and high dimensional flow cytometry
• Interactive and collaborative approach; expert influence and conflict resolution skills are preferred
• Experience with in vitro pharmacology studies, e.g. sterile cell culture techniques, stable cell line generation, RT-PCR, western blotting, ELISA, MSD, FACS in academic or industry laboratory environment
• Must be detail-oriented, have strategic planning skills and capability to multi-task, ensuring that all tactical details are managed efficiently and effectively
• Experience in a CRO setting and ability to multi-task, manage customer projects, and customer interactions is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to guide groups through corporate change and growth
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills to seamlessly fit within a teamwork and driven environment
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills. Ability to multi-task with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
• Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
• Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals (List specific Chemicals)
• Must not have animal allergies to applicable species in this facility
• Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
• Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
• Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
• Ability to Lift 10 lbs routinely
• Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
• Ability to push/pull 10 lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
• Clarity of Vision
• Ability to identify and distinguish colors
• Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
• Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
• Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
• Inside/outside working conditions
Need help finding the right job
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability Click here to get started.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.