A position in the Scientific Operations organization is currently open to develop LC-MS basedbioanalytical methodologies for the analysis of large molecule (peptide/protein) biotherapeutics tosupport the rapidly growing biopharmaceutical business. This job requires working knowledge ofadvanced sample enrichment and cleanup techniques for biological samples. Job will require strong LC and MS skills, to quantify biotherapeutic targets as well as to explore the catabolism of therapeutics and monitor their clearance. This position will require interfacing with Waters research and development, marketing and project management business groups, in support of new product development. The group is split between two sites (Milford, US and Wilmslow, UK) and qualified candidates may apply to either location.
- Subject matter expert that can design and develop LC-MS applications in support of DMPK quantitative and qualitative analysis in the area of large molecule analysis. Strong hands-on lab based method development skills are required
- Able to work highly independently to successfully design, plan, execute studies, develop and document solution to address customer challenges
- Work with key opinion leaders and multidisciplinary teams to develop key solutions and applications that can be brought to market
- Setup, use, maintain and troubleshoot analytical systems
- Applies deep understanding of market and keep up with current literature to achieve objectives
- Travel globally to attend and present at conferences, provide training and work across Waters technology and solution centers, globally
- PhD or MS in biochemistry, chemistry or a related discipline with 3 years experience or aBS with 10 years experience
- Strong pre-analytical sample preparation skills (SPE, digestion, affinity approaches, etc.) in matrix is required
- Expert tandem LC-MS skills required, HRMS skills an asset
- Familiarity with GLP and Non-GLP regulatory PK guidances and processing of data withquantitative analytical software packages is required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Familiarity with a range of biotherapeutic modalities, ELISA assays, validation of assays, basic protein characterization and/or automation is desirable
- Successful candidate will be a highly motivated and collaborative individual that enjoysworking across multiple related disciplines and teams