Faze Medicines is seeking an exceptional, innovative, and highly motivated Senior Scientist to Associate Director level Biophysicist to apply fundamental biophysical principles toward the lead discovery for targets identified from our proprietary platform. The successful candidate will influence the company’s emerging small molecule drug design organization and contribute to building a strong portfolio of novel drug candidates. As part of the team of scientists at Faze Medicines, this individual will have responsibility for further deploying Faze’s drug discovery infrastructure through the implementation of biophysical techniques toward our targets of interest, either internally or in collaboration with CRO partners. As part of drug discovery team, this individual will provide expertise in the characterization of novel drug targets by integrating a broad understanding of biophysics with protein dynamics, enzymology, and structural biology. The successful individual will join a dynamic, enthusiastic, interdisciplinary, and collaborative team of scientists.
We view you as a key team member whose contributions will be critical to our success.
Your contributions may include:
- Biophysical characterization of protein-ligand interactions using an array of biophysical techniques such as SPR, DSF, DSC, and MST through internal work or with external collaborators
- Working closely with teammates in drug discovery, leveraging a broad range of biochemical and biophysics techniques to characterize protein dynamics/ structure and interaction with small molecule ligands
- Interacting closely with, and managing, external biophysical CRO collaborations
- Designing protein constructs and assisting in the optimization of purification protocols
- Providing regular updates to cross-functional teams and helping guide structure-based compound design in close collaboration with chemistry group
- Analyzing, documenting, and reporting data clearly and concisely to project teams
- Contribute, and lead, scientifically and technically within the portfolio of drug discovery programs
- Deliver scientific reports and presentations internally or externally as needed
- Participate in various aspects of this fast-pace company, from building out the capabilities, contributing intellectually and generating data in a fast and efficient manner
- A degree in a relevant subject and experience in the development and execution of biophysical assays in a biotech/pharma setting (minimum of BS/MS in Biochemistry with 7-10 years of experience; Ph.D. with 3-7 years of experience)
- Experience developing, running, and interpreting biophysical characterizations of proteins and small molecules by SPR in an industrial setting is essential
- Hands on experience with SPR, DSF, ITC, NMR and other biophysical techniques is necessary
- Function in a scientific expert role as part of an interdisciplinary team contributing to the execution of experiments in support of our research activities and project goals.
- Substantial experience interfacing with CRO partners and proven ability to work efficiently in a hybrid model is essential
- Proven experience impacting drug discovery programs in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology setting
- Demonstrated ability to solve difficult problems in biochemistry and biophysics
- Demonstrated competency in protein construct design and expression and purification strategies using bacterial, insect, and mammalian hosts
- Strong knowledge of the drug discovery process, with industry experience in implementing hit identification strategies
- Extensive knowledge of protein structure and function as it relates to biophysical implications
- Commitment to quality, attention to detail, and team player mentality is a must
- Job level is commensurate with experience and capabilities of selected candidate.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the U.S.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.