$200K — $250K *
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.Summary of Responsibilities
• Utilize a general systems engineering framework that uses risk management and independent assessment as cornerstones to promote safety in the FAA mission space as new entrants become commercially operable.
• Support the FAA through systems engineering and integration (SE&I) expertise, to include improving integration of the National Airspace System (NAS) and commercial space systems.
• Plan and execute systems analyses that support technical, programmatic and organizational decision-making on a variety of projects.
• Develop and execute studies such as systems architecture analyses, technology development planning and evaluation, organizational effectiveness studies, and risk assessments.
• Work collaboratively with program development and program execution staff to fully leverage the Aerospace Corporation's technical capabilities in all relevant areas to best support the FAA, FAA-related commercial stakeholders, and the sharing of safety information.
• Directly interact with the customer in the role of technical advisor, providing overall leadership responsibility in study planning, execution, review, and product delivery.
• Function as an individual contributor on task execution and integration of technical analyses into high quality, unified final products.
• Represent the Aerospace Corporation to customers at all levels, from working staff to administrators within their parent organizations.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or related field of study.
- Twelve years or more of experience in mission assurance related activities; the application of system engineering, risk management, quality, and management principles to achieve success of a design, development, testing, deployment, and operations process, and identifying and mitigating design, production, test, and field support deficiencies that threaten mission success.
- Demonstrated ability to bring industry, government, international stakeholders and non-profits together in a partnership to share technical data in the public interest, with non-punitive reporting, and balancing the interest of all stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge in building shared safety databases for the public good and improving industry safety practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FAA NAS architecture, programs, and components such as Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) and Advanced Automation System (AAS).
-Demonstrating working knowledge of FAA’s operations, practices, procedures.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to work in a self-motivated and self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated leadership and teaming skills in tasks such as formulating enterprise level plans, executing and leading studies, and utilizing internal technology competency organizations.
- Demonstrated capability to perform analysis and technical product delivery, as evidenced through examples of recent integrated work products.
- Top Secret clearance.
- Current FAA and DHS Suitability.
- Some travel is required.
- An advanced degree in systems engineering, operations research, science, or related field of study.
- Experience in systems engineering, program controls and quality, including tasks such as requirements flow-down, interface definition, resource loaded schedules, documentation repositories, change control processes, system performance analysis, programmatic risk management, cost, schedule and performance trades, and technology development investment analyses.
- Experience interacting with senior customer personnel on a variety of technical, programmatic, and administrative issues.
- Experience in the analysis of complex technical, programmatic, and management environments at a high programmatic level.
- Experience in working assignments that are inherently ambiguous; e.g., not fully defined, lack complete information, poorly stated goals or ill-defined objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to see impactful opportunities that demonstrate Aerospace’s technical expertise, develop the business opportunity, and close on delivering value-add to customers.
Valid through: 12/1/2020
$100K — $150K
21 days ago