ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That’s why we built the world’s leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We’re working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We’ve raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to help develop, test and validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist in the Technology Development Team, you will work with members within the team and interface with multiple teams including bioinformatics, process engineering, automation, clinical development and operations. You will be hands on in the lab and be required to design, implement, and validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, and monitoring of all cancer types.
· Be able to work in a team environment and independently to develop, test and improve sample preparation technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing
· Think creatively and apply knowledge to design experiments and analyze data for NGS applications in oncology diagnostics
· Be highly committed and deliver results in a fast-paced start-up environment
· Demonstrated track record of innovation and scientific contributions through publications, patents, or novel technology development.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· 5-10 years of experience in genomics or molecular biology field
· Comprehensive knowledge of sample preparation and sequencing technologies
· Strong background in molecular biology
· Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies with a strong preference related to sequencing-based genomic assays
· Deep technical knowledge of NGS library preparation, target enrichment, and rigorous product development practices
· Experience performing bioinformatics analysis of NGS data is a plus, familiar with type of analysis is a must
· Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills required
· Good organization skills, and detailed orientated
· Self-driven and strong team player with proven track record of innovation
· PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field
· Strong preference given to local candidates