Honeywell Aerospace Advanced Technology
Location: Torrance, CA or Redmond, WA
Honeywell Aerospace currently has an opening for a Senior Scientist to work in our SATCOM and Radio Frequency (RF) group within the Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) department of the Honeywell Aerospace Advanced Technology organization. The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary global team including professionals from the United States, the European Union and Asia with backgrounds in avionics and CNS systems R&D.
- a dynamic and engaged team
- work on projects dealing with state-of-the-art technology
- demanding and challenging duties in a learning-intensive environment
Our team conducts research and development in SATCOM and RF concepts and technologies.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the qualifications listed below and fulfill the following job responsibilities:
· Experience in Signal Processing / Algorithm Development of communications, antenna or radar systems.
· Conduct overall project activities including requirement analysis, concept design, tradeoff analysis, prototype system integration, prototype flight testing and evaluation.
· Author scientific proposals, patents and papers.
· Advance radar algorithm development for detection and tracking in Degraded Visual Environments, Collision Avoidance, Doppler navigation, and Radar altimetry
· U.S. citizen.
· Masters of Science in ElectricalEngineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
· Significant experience with target detection and tracking algorithms for radar or SATCOM systems.
· Experience with system design tools, e.g., Matlab, ADS, MWO, SystemVue.
· Strong C/C++ programming skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
· PhD in ElectricalEngineering, Physics, or equivalent.
· Phased Array technology in SATCOM or Radar
· Ability to perform systems/SW/HW concept development, architecture design, trade studies, requirements analysis and flow down in support of new concepts of operations.
· Experience working on government R&D projects from DARPA, DOD, NASA, Homeland Security or classified U.S. government agencies.
· Experience directing technical teams
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or veteran status.