Applied Molecular Transport are looking for an experienced Fermentation Scientist to develop, optimize and scale-up upstream processes for the production of biopharmaceutical proteins.
- Design and execution of experiments to develop and optimize fermentation and primary recovery processes for the production of novel therapeutic proteins.
- Production of small amounts of biopharmaceutical protein for use in pre-clinical studies.
- Collaboration with various teams for the transfer of processes to manufacturing facility.
- Strong technical competency in the scientific principles of fermentation and microbiology.
- Extensive experience in the operation of lab scale fermentation equipment.
- Demonstrated experience of media and process development for fed-batch fermentation including the use of DOE techniques.
- Good working knowledge of E. coli expression systems and related processes.
- Experience with process monitoring and analysis using biological, biochemical, and analytical chemistry assay techniques.
- Competence in data analysis and presentation of experimental results.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for the development and production of biopharmaceutical products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, documentation, organization, good record keeping, writing reports and SOPs.
- Attention to detail, safety and good laboratory practices.
- Experience in supervising and mentoring direct reports.
- A PhD degree or equivalent experience in Chemical Engineering or Microbiology or related field.
- At least 4 years of hands-on Industrial experience developing microbial fermentation processes.