The scientist will be asked to:
- Participate in active research programs in drug discovery and delivery, including biologic- and immuno-therapies.
- Contribute to a new SRI initiative in targeted intracellular delivery of biologics.
- Evaluate efficacy and target engagement of novel biologic therapeutics.
- Collaborate with scientists from other disciplines in cross-divisional teams.
- Develop an independently funded research program supported by a combination of grants and from government and commercial sources.
- Interact with government and commercial partners, write scientific papers, and present work at scientific conferences.
- Build the SRI’s pipeline of therapies and discovery technologies.
- PhD in molecular biology, cellular biology, or a related field with a minimum of 3-year experience as a postdoctoral or similar career experience.
- Expertise in cancer biology and cell signaling is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in working with antibody-based therapeutics is advantageous.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary; must work well in interdisciplinary team-based groups.