Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Senior Scientist Group Leader to support our Professional Scientific Services group in the Rowley, MA area. The Scientist will be primarily responsible for developing and optimizing test methods to support the release and stability of enzymes and molecular biology reagents.
Senior Scientist Group Leader responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing and optimizing test methods
- Performing method qualifications
- Drafting Quality documentation including: SOPs, test methods, change controls, deviations, CAPAs, protocols and reports
- Performing routine release and stability testing as needed
- Peer reviewing assays and other Quality documentation
- Performing raw material, in-process, final product and stability testing
- Initiating and participating in Laboratory investigations
- Maintaining the QC laboratory and associated equipment
- Lead team, schedule, and train employees in client environment
- Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
- Ensure coverage and performance
- Foster morale and teamwork
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience developing and qualifying analytical methods for enzymes and molecular biology products
- Experience with laboratory techniques including: enzymatic activity assays (end-point and kinetic), spectrophotometry, electrophoresis, HPLC, qPCR and comendial testing methodologies.
- General laboratory skills, including: reagent preparation, sample management and equipment maintenance
- Possess strong recordkeeping skills and the ability to analyze, interpret and report results to senior staff
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Have a strong working knowledge of MS Office and relevant statistical software packages (e.g. JMP)
- Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in biology or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a QC setting
- Strong knowledge of cGMPs
- Experience working in a QC lab setting
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Rowley, Massachusetts are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.