At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is seeking a Senior Scientist to join our Houston, TX office, with remote working from home as a viable option. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build and manage a sustainable Environmental Planning and Permitting (EP&P) business for pipelines and linear projects and support Golder’s EP&P team in the eastern US. A key function of this role involves direct interaction with clients, and with other Golder technical specialists in various offices around the Golder group of companies.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Serve as a project manager in the EP&P business across the life cycle of medium to large-sized projects including problem definition, solution development, and delivery
- Lead and support project development and delivery, including proposals, project management, client relations, senior reviews, team development and training
- Serve clients as an in-house contractor, as needed
- Maintain, grow, and develop existing and new client relationships
- Work to build business opportunities with other Golder staff around the company
- Arrange technical presentations and webinars in your area of expertise
- Work with Golder’s Principals, Associates, and other senior leaders to develop and maintain expertise in technologies to serve key business interests
- Contribute to a culture of health, safety and protection of the environment
- Local and national travel for project delivery and client development, expected to be less than 25 percent of the time
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Biology, or a related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant EPP experience
- Direct project experience with NEPA including preparation of EA and EIS, third-party contracting with government agencies, FERC, Clean Water Act (Section 401, 402, 404) permitting, USFWS Section 7 consultation, and Section 106 consultation for cultural resources
- Experience managing medium to large-sized projects and preparing technical deliverables
- Computer skills and experience with industry standard commercial computer software including Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills combined with leadership capabilities, a positive attitude, and ability to work both independently and within groups
- Acute attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Understanding the importance of health & safety as a top priority and an enthusiasm to participate in Golder’s associated programs and visibly lead by example
- Master of Science degree in Environmental Science, Biology, or a related discipline
- Work experience in a consulting capacity with operational planning
- Business development and client service management skills with a proven track record of developing project opportunities and maintaining successful client relationships
- Strong existing client relationships and professional contacts
- Submittal of a cover letter with your application is appreciated
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching