Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Scientist in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Takeda Gastrointestinal Chemistry has an opening for Scientist/Sr Scientist to conduct preclinical research and development in the area of oligonucleotide conjugates. The role will develop chemistries for conjugation of oligonucleotides to antibodies, peptides, and small molecules. This position will drive deliverables to meet project needs using internal and external resources.
- Synthesis, purification and characterization of oligonucleotide conjugates on microgram to gram scales.
- Develop and optimize of conjugation protocols utilizing novel chemistries and technologies.
- Develop and optimize high throughput workflows for oligonucleotide conjugation and analyses.
- Collaborate with project teams, as well as core Chemistry team, to expand conjugation capabilities.
- Manage external partners to ensure deliverables meet project needs and timelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to accomplish goals under strict timelines.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Hands-on experience with bioconjugation of oligonucleotides, antibodies, and peptides (biomolecules) using chemical and enzymatic methods
- Experience in analytical techniques such as: Reverse Phase (RP-HPLC), Ion Exchange (IEX), Size Exclusion (SEC), Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LCMS), Ultaviolet Spectroscopy (UV), Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC-HPLC), gel electrophoresis of biomolecules under reducing and non-reducing conditions
- Hands-on experience in purification methods RP, IEX, SEC, and affinity chromatography using Agilent HPLCs and AKTA FPLCs
- Experience in HPLC assay development for stability testing and enzymatic assays
- High Resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRMS) experience with biomolecules using a Qtof or comparable platforms
- Experience with oligonucleotide synthesis is highly preferred
- Antibody drug conjugate experience is preferred
- Proficient in OpenLabs CDS, Chemstation, MassLynx, and Promass
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement
- The individual should be detail oriented, self-motivated, and team player, diligent.
- Able �to multitask efficiently to support SAR generation projects.
- Function as cross-functional project team leader
- Scientific leadership role, setting high standards for effectiveness of execution, and rigor of thought
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Scientifically independent
- Manages internal/CRO workload, expectations and budget
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
- Strong and clear communicator
- Able to initiate and lead external interactions and collaborations
- Receives high level instructions on work; determines methods on new assignments; greater demonstrated independence; may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry/ Biochemistry/Chemical Biology or other relevant discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience, or
- MS with 10+ years experience, or
- BS with 12+ years experience