$80K — $100K *
The Senior Scientist role is a newly created role, part of a cross-functional team tasked with developing transformative applications using our microfluidic platforms. The individual will be responsible for executing assay development from design through analysis. Additional focus will be placed on the optimization, verification and validation of the assays. Will lead projects and interface regularly with customers.
Fluidigm offers a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
• Design and execute on assay development for detection of pathogens.
• Execute experiments using a range of cellular and molecular biology
assays including flow cytometry, PCR/qPCR, and next
• Responsible for data collection, analysis, interpretation and
presentation for internal and external review
• Interface with cross functional work teams such as Instrument design,
Reagent manufacturing, and Quality assurance during platform
• Maintain records and laboratory environment to comply with regulatory
requirements, good laboratory practices, and standard operating
• Ph.D. in molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry or biomedical
engineering, with 5-8 years of postdoctoral and/or biotech industry
experience is preferred.
• Experience in assay development for detection of pathogens is a plus.
• Experience with standard molecular biology techniques including
DNA/RNA sample preparation PCR, NextGen sequencing, and RT-PCR is
• Experience developing protocols and methods for a variety of moleculer biology techniques and instrumentation.
• Outstanding communication, analytical and organizational skills
• Highly collaborative team player with experience in cross-functional or
Valid through: 8/18/2020