We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the Cellular Bio-measures team in Pfizer's Bio-Medicine Design department. The position is integrated into a multi-disciplinary group responsible for the development, qualification and execution of cytometry biomarker and bio-measure assays in support of translational modeling for drug discovery programs across multiple therapeutic areas, including inflammation and immunology, oncology and rare diseases. The successful candidate will apply their research experience, knowledge of biological systems and cell-based assay development to independently plan and conduct quantitative analyses with a wide range of biotherapeutic modalities, implementing flow and imaging flow cytometry, as well as mass cytometry and light microscopy, and interpret and present experimental results to various multi-disciplinary teams. The Senior Scientist is expected to productively work as a team member in a fast-paced environment, managing several projects and contributing to team's deliverables.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independent planning and execution of cytometry assays with biotherapeutic molecules, employing cellular systems from diverse tissue origins, and utilizing flow- and imaging flow- cytometry instruments to provide data on target cellular level, target-drug intracellular disposition, cell phenotype, cellular signaling and downstream functional response.
- Development, adaptation and optimization of cytometry assays, applying "fit-for-purpose" rational to effectively balance assay rigor against resource needs and project goals.
- Critical analysis of experimental data and communication of the results across multiple teams with diverse scientific and technical background.
- Collaborative work with the members of the group; partnerships in a matrix environment; close communication with cross-functional teams to plan and execute deliverables and prioritize activities according to the project goals.
- Driving technology innovation, evaluation of new methodologies and instrumentation to advance implementation of cytometry-based bio-measures for project support.
- Adherence to scientific rigor and quality management system standards, including electronic record keeping, data peer-review, quality control and reporting.
- Presentation of complex data internally and externally.
- 7 years, or Ph.D. (or equivalent) with >2 years of post-graduate research experience, ideally, some of which in pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and optimizing cell-based assays for the analysis of cell phenotype, intracellular organelles and functional read-outs.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry assays and high-dimensional cytometry data analysis.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and then clearly and concisely communicate complex data.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative cell imaging techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of flow-cytometry applications, instrument standardization.
- Familiarity with CyTOF.
- Experience with protein biochemistry techniques.
- Collaborative work and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated track record of independent research and scientific productivity, such as first-author publications in peer review journals.
- Experience with record keeping using ELN.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- As appropriate for this lab-based role.
Other Job Details:
- Lab based position requirements to perform laboratory related activities and assist others in laboratory related activities.
- Based in Andover.
- Occasional travel to Cambridge (Kendal Square) might be needed, depending on project requirements.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: March 23, 2021
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development