Dawn is a pioneering family owned manufacturer of bakery solutions. Our Research and Development (R&D) team is seeking a bright, inquisitive formulator of bakery mixes, batters and doughs to lead our innovation initiatives. This unique opportunity is for a senior level candidate that is passionate about ingredients and wants to learn more about the science and art of creating donuts, cakes, muffins, brownies and other baked goods. This position will work closely with our R&D and Marketing teams to help create a strategic pipeline of innovative bakery products for Artisan Bakers, Bakery Manufacturers, Supermarket Bakeries, Food Service customers and more. This position will interact with leading ingredient manufactures and technology providers in the industry, learn about the latest ingredient technologies and processes, and apply that knowledge into our businesses.
- Develop and deliver strategic research programs and an innovation pipeline that will fuel business growth for Dawn Foods.
- Utilize science and technology to create bakery products that deliver the utmost in food safety and quality.
- Continuously learn, apply knowledge, and teach other team members and customers.
- Makes scientifically based decisions with conviction in a timely, collaborative, and confident manner and determines courses of action.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.
- Innovate and formulate great tasting bakery products.
- Encourage and inspire team members.
- Contribute to the overall knowledge and growth of Dawn.
- Demonstrates the “Dawn Values” of Team Dawn and supports the Dawn Circle of Excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, or related field required.
- Master’s degreepreferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in the food industry or related field with 2-3 years of leadership experience on major projects or programs.
- Experience with Bakery and/or food companies.
- Practical experience in related fields (such as QA) preferred.
- Must possess strong understanding of food science as applied to bakery products.
- Track record of creative and innovative technical business solution delivery.