Job Description Summary:
The Sr. Scientist, Computational Chemistry, contributes to PTC’s drug discovery efforts by driving the design of novel molecules through the application of computational techniques. Candidate should be an expert in predictive modeling, including molecular dynamics simulation or machine learning, and able to contribute on multiple, cross-functional drug discovery programs.Job Description:
- Become a key contributor to multiple drug discovery teams, applying insights derived from computational models to progress discovery programs.
- Build predictive models (including machine learning, molecular dynamics simulation, and others) using data from multiple, disparate sources.
- Assist in library design for drug discovery.
- Assist in building/maintaining on-premises and cloud-based high-performance computing infrastructure.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills to other drug discovery scientists (e.g. chemistry/biology/pharmacology).
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
- Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Organic Chemistry or related field with 5-8 years of Industry experience.
* Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required.
- Strong hands-on programming skills in the scripting languages such as Bash, Python, R, Julia or SQL.
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning principles as they apply to drug discovery.
- Experience building/running physics-based simulations for drug discovery including molecular docking, molecular dynamics, FEP, etc.
- Hands-on experience with data visualization tools (Spotfire, Plotly, etc.).
* Travel requirements
Up to 10%
*Physical requirements (only note if the job requires physical capacity beyond general office work)
Office/Laboratory based position
PTC Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.