Senior Scientist, Computational Biology
Discovery Sciences is a center of excellence focused on small molecule drug discovery at Janssen R&D. Our scientists, together with a deep network of partners and collaborators, perform cutting-edge research from target & lead discovery through pre-clinical safety assessment to discover and develop transformational medicines. Every day we use our deep scientific expertise in drug discovery and development and our integrated suite of enabling technologies, platforms and tools to advance the research portfolio of Janssen’s five Therapeutic Areas: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience and Oncology.
The Senior Scientist will be joining a team of omics and computational experts andreporting into theAssociateDirector, Computational Biology. You will be expected to:
- Perform data analysis of a variety of omics platforms with a focus on next generation sequencing (NGS) data types (DNA, transcriptomics, epigenetics, etc.).
- Identify or validate potential therapeutic targets and biomarkers.
- Build strong links to researchers involved in translational discovery projects and contribute to study designs and project advancement.
- Work with functional genomics, metabolomics and proteomics groups, particularly on data integration with genomics platforms.
- Work closely with external genomics and informatics CROs.
- A minimum of a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics, Genetics, Epigenetics, Translational Medical Informatics or related field is required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a postdoctoral researcher or equivalent industry experience.
- Understanding and practical informatics experience with NGS technologies is required.
- Experience with NGS (sequencing) platforms (including Illumina) and single cell platforms is preferred.
- Proven analysis experience with different applications of NGS (e.g. whole exome/genome DNA sequencing, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, Single-cell sequencing…) is preferred
- Hands-on experience with computational tools, algorithms and software of NGS data analysis is required.
- Experience in Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases, Oncology, Autoimmune Diseases, or Neurological disorders is preferred.
- Proficient in scriptinglanguage programming (R, Python, Perl, etc.), experienced in Linux environment and cloud computing is strongly preferred.
- Strong statistical analytic skill is preferred.
- A background in integrative data analysis approaches of high-dimensional biological data is preferred.
- Excellent communication (oral presentations), reporting (fluent writing of scientific reports), and team working skills are required.
- Strong interest in innovative approaches for pharmaceutical drug discovery and development is strongly preferred.
Requisition ID: 8901170907