We are seeking a highly-motivated biochemist, preferably with pharma/biotech experience, to join the Protein Degradation group in North Chicago, IL. This individual should have expertise in ubiquitin-related signaling or targeted protein degradation biology. A proven track record in successfully developing biochemical assays that probe this system is preferred. This individual should enjoy working with innovative technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Providing expertise in ubiquitin-related signaling and E3 ligase biology
- Develop innovative strategies to study Protein Degrader engagement with the ubiquitin proteasome system
- Developed robust in vitro profiling assays that support chemistry efforts in understanding structure-activity relationships
- Apply novel techniques towards Protein Degrader drug discovery and elucidation of mechanism of action
- Lead and interact with cross-functional scientific teams
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature
- Present research activities at internal and external meetings.
- BS, MS, or PhD with 10+ (BS), 8+(MS), or 0+(PhD) in biochemistry, enzymology, chemical biology or related fields
- Experience and publication track record in ubiquitin-proteasome system and/or targeted protein degradation biology
- Proficient at developing enzyme activity assays and/or protein-protein interaction assays
- Experience with molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Experience analyzing data using statistical software programs such as GraphPad PRISM, Microsoft Excel, and Spotfire
- Motivated, independent, and productive problem solver with a proven ability to advance new scientific understandings
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, yet works efficiently in teams to achieve objectives
- Present research activities/results at internal and external meetings, and publish in peer-reviewed journals